TERASIP (en)

New TeraSIP Version...delay between calls

New TeraSIP Version...delay between calls Antworten
12.08.2009 13:56 John Bonner

Hello all,

The new TeraSIP version has a seperate entry line for proxy registrar and
that is **GREAT** but I am seeing something that I am unsure if it is
provider or me. When I make a call it completes just fine...but behind the
scenes Wireshark show that the first attempt to authinticate is rejected
with a 401. The second attempt (resend) authorizes and the call completes.
After the call is terminated if I make another call immediately I get a 403
registration error. After waiting a few minutes doing NOTHING else it works
again following the above mentioned 401 pattern. I have posed this question
to the service provider as well to see what they say but thought maybe
someone on this forum may have some ideas as well.

TIA
JB

Re: New TeraSIP Version...delay between calls Antworten
14.08.2009 07:03 TERASENS Support

John,

the two call requests are very normal with the SIP protocol. It uses a
challenge/response mechanism. The challenge is transmitted with the initial
reject ("Authorization required").
You can easily proof this by tracing any other SIP softphone.

As to why a subsequent call fails I have no idea. Perhaps you could send me
the trace via private e-mail and I'll have a look!

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www:   www.terasens.com
-------------------------------------

Re: New TeraSIP Version...delay between calls Antworten
17.08.2009 08:04 John Bonner

Do you want the wireshark trace or a Visual Studio trace file?
Also subsequent calls work after about a 5 minute delay so whatever happes
it's only for a short period.

Thanks
JB

"TERASENS Support" wrote in message
> John,
>
> the two call requests are very normal with the SIP protocol. It uses a
> challenge/response mechanism. The challenge is transmitted with the
> initial reject ("Authorization required").
> You can easily proof this by tracing any other SIP softphone.
>
> As to why a subsequent call fails I have no idea. Perhaps you could send
> me the trace via private e-mail and I'll have a look!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Matthias Moetje
> -------------------------------------
> TERASENS GmbH
> Augustenstraße 24
> 80333 Munich, GERMANY
> -------------------------------------
> e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
> www:   www.terasens.com
> -------------------------------------

Re: New TeraSIP Version...delay between calls Antworten
18.08.2009 18:58 TERASENS Support

John,

a Wireshark trace would be fine!

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www:   www.terasens.com

 E-Mail|  Zu Favoriten

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Copyright Hinweis