TERAVoice Allgemein (en)

Accessing Text files from vbscript IVR module

Accessing Text files from vbscript IVR module Antworten
15.11.2006 14:56 burrub@comcast.net

We are trying to put information into either an MS-Access file or into a text file to share with other applications.
The testing for MS-Access works well on one machine, but fails if the access data file is stored on a shared network file server (file is fully accessible, and security is set up properly). It fails with a "file is already in use."  We have checked the open mode (sharing mode), etc.  and it works.  We have tested the code standalone in the windows shell and it works.  It fails in TeraVoice.

We then tried to use a shared text file.  It works find in the windows script shell, but just hangs TeraVoice (it needs to be restarted).  Any insight into what is happening?

--------------------------
Burt Rubenstein
burrub@comcast.net
--------------------------

Re: Accessing Text files from vbscript IVR module Antworten
16.11.2006 17:46 TERASENS Support

Hi Burt,

how do you access the MS Access Database? You should do so using
ADO and the Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider. An example for connecting
to an access database is in the CallDistribution sample which is available
for download on our website.

If you think that it is a permissions problem you could also change the
account under which the TERAVoice service is running. By default this
is the LocalSystem account. At least for checking permissions you could
change that to use an administrator account.

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstra├če 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.com
www:   www.terasens.com
--------------------------

wrote in message
> We are trying to put information into either an MS-Access file or into a
> text file to share with other applications.
> The testing for MS-Access works well on one machine, but fails if the
> access data file is stored on a shared network file server (file is fully
> accessible, and security is set up properly). It fails with a "file is
> already in use."  We have checked the open mode (sharing mode), etc.  and
> it works.  We have tested the code standalone in the windows shell and it
> works.  It fails in TeraVoice.
>
> We then tried to use a shared text file.  It works find in the windows
> script shell, but just hangs TeraVoice (it needs to be restarted).  Any
> insight into what is happening?

> Burt Rubenstein
> burrub@comcast.net

 E-Mail|  Zu Favoriten

 ┬ę2009 TERASENS GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Copyright Hinweis